Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Closer to Heavenly Things


Closer to Heavenly Things

This sermon talks about seeing God afar off and being drawn by His everlasting love. But in order for us to draw near, we need to learn about right worldly things in order to draw closer to heavenly things.

"Ther Lord has appeared to me from a far, saying Yea I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3

"..I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh.." Joel 2:28

"If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how then will you believe me if I tell you about heavenly things?" John 3:12

"...then shall every man have praise from God." 1 Corinthians 4:5

This sermon uses the readings appointed from the Malankara lectionary and was given on Sunday, January 24, 2010 by Fr John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

PODCAST OR DOWNLOAD: http://feeds.feedburner.com/frjohnbrian or
http://frjohnbrian.hipcast.com/rss/spiritual_reflections_or_fr_john_brian.xml
LISTEN ONLINE HERE:

No comments: